Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Maybe 2 Miles Wide


I was thinking about expanding the scope of this blog to be Two Hundred Miles Wide, after spending my unearned lunch break reading through a story about "Mileage Runners". For Mileage runners, the idea is quite simple - String together as many connections into an airline trip as possible to accumulate the most number of miles with the cheapest fare. And the amazing thing is that these aren't unemployeed bums (which would run coutnerintutive to flying which costs money) but rather business travelers who lengthen the trips using vacation or sick days. The reason why I bring this up is not only because the idea is very creative (albeit a significant was of time - by my standards) but rather because it makes me realize how creative people are.
The biggest source of my distraction in the last year is not becoming engrossed in video games or yapping on the phone, but rather reading through feeds and blogs. My goal in doing so is seeking to learn as much as humanly possible about ways people have found to manipulate the system or figure out how things work or even see what kind of zany idea someone has dreamed up. For an idea guy like myself, learning is like a drug addiction and the internet has made it like drinking from a fire hose. My next step might be to seek help :-)

No comments: