Monday, July 9, 2007

Case of the Mondays


The exhaustion that shackled me to my bed this morning probably has something to do with the fact that it's muggy as all hell out there and I didn't get to bed until 2am. The real root cause has more to do with the fact that I've not yet found that one thing I really love doing! I always wonder to myself, of the total working population, how many people really love the work they do. Maybe it's impossible to love all aspects of it, but loving 80% or more of it, 80% of the time would constitue loving it. I think for most of us, there is a significant influence on the part of personal compromise that says the grass isn't always greener on the other side so I'll just stick with what I'm doing. For me, I have enough diversity of interest that finding the perfect job has nearly been impossible. While I've come close, there's been enough for me to think "I'm really missing out on something great" so the motive thus far has been to build in as many things as I love doing to make the bigger picturing more satisfying. This leads me to a topic on Mentorship that I will talk more about later because it's really been pressing on my mind.
Until then, Have a great day world! Stay cool if possible and be productive! HA!

No comments: