Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Is AT&T Having Trouble Dealing With 25% More Customers

My company uses Cingular/AT&T as it's coporate mobile provider for what reason I'm not sure, especially considering Verizon does have the best service in the North East. So it was no surprise when one of my directors was cutting in and out during a conference call the other day. The funny thing was, he said "I bet this is because of all those damn converts who bought the Iphone and now use AT&T." He had also mentioned that there have been several times during the last week where he got the "Network Busy, Try Again Later" message. The funny thing is, he's probably right. I don't know how close AT&T is to their network capacity but part of me is suspicious that the sudden additional load within the last month has pushed some limits especially in the very crowded regions like NYC.

No comments: