Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another leatherman Micro Confiscated!

Having always been a fan of technology and gadgets I have found that the threats on homeland security are not only threatening our safety they are threatening my way of life. Take for example last night. I was honored to attend a Police concert and like I always do when leaving my car behind, I take my keys (in case Boomer-my car- gets stolen). Well attached to my keys is my all important Leatherman micro. Compared to other knock off, made in China micro multitools, this happens to be very useful and well made.

Needless to say, after being molested by the secrity guard it was confiscated. As i angrily proceeded through the gate I experienced a significant feeling of sadness and loss come over me. Not only had the leatherman micro been by my side on countless occasions to help me rip through UPS boxes (thats right - christmas many times mid year), tighten screws, pry things open, pop a bottle top, the list goes on, but it was now in the hands of some unappreciating security guard who probably wouldn't know what the heck it was.

The funny part is, as the title of the entry conveys, if I didn`t get it taken from me last night I most likely would have lost it today at the airport security check. Somehow I can't remember to leave it behind; probably because I can't live without it.

Looks like I have to buy another when I get back. At $20 its a price point I can live with having to replace.

No comments: